24 September In Breakfast by Melanie Gulliver Tags: coconut oil, GF oats, Himalayan salt, pumpkin seeds, seeds
One of the recipes that gets people Oohing and Aahing and asking for more! This Gorgeous Granola recipe is super easy to make and super nutritious for a great breakfast. Use it to make our granola balls too for a breakfast or snack on the run.
- 2 cups oats gluten free if possible
- 1/2 cup flax seed -milled
- 1 cup mixed seeds (chia, pumpkin, sunflower, sesame)
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup dried cranberry or other dried fruit
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or ½ cup raw honey
- 1/2 cup coconut oil melted
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 175 °C. In a blender add the seeds and quickly whizz to chop slightly. In a bowl add all dry ingredients and mix well. Melt the coconut oil and add the syrup and vanilla. Mix wet and dry ingredients together ensuring everything is well coated.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and evenly spread out the granola mixture.
- Bake for about 25 minutes giving it a good stir half way through. Leave to cool on the tray for at least 30 minutes- cooling on the tray makes clumps of granola form.
- This will keep for up to a month in a jar if you can resist it for that long. No need to refrigerate.
- Try these combinations too: spice it up with adding a little cinnamon, nutmeg and ground ginger, or swap half the seeds for shredded coconut, add goji’s or mulberries or dates, try adding some nuts -almonds , pecans or walnuts.
Share this Recipe
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.