30 March In Healthy Soups by Melanie Gulliver Tags: detox, immunity, lighten-up, Stress
Super Spring Soup
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 inch of fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 2 spring onions (scallions) chopped
- 4 cups fresh courgettes (zucchini) – you can use broccoli, cauliflower, or any seasonal vegetable
- 2 cups figleaf gourd or cayote (optional)
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves (can use any leafy greens: rocket, kale)
- a handful of fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 4 cups water or nondairy milk (almond milk works well)
- 2 tsps of curry powder
- Sea salt, fresh lime juice and pepper to taste
- garnish with hemp seeds
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add garlic, spring onions and chopped ginger, stirring, until translucent.
- Add the curry powder and salt to taste.
- Cook for 1 minute.
- Add the courgettes (zucchini) and gourd (if you are using) stir to mix well.
- Add enough water to cover the courgettes, bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes, or until just tender.
- Using a blender or food processor, purée the courgette mixture with spinach, coriander, and water or almond milk.
- Add more hot water if the soup is too thick.
- Transfer back to the pot and bring to a simmer and season with black pepper and a squeeze of lime juice.
- Serve and sprinkle with hemp seeds to add some protein as well as a wealth of nutrients.
Share this Recipe
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.