24 September In Healthy Soups by Vykintas Bartus Tags: almond butter, courgette, cress
Courgette and Cress Soup
- 2 tbspns coconut oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 4 stalks celery diced
- 4 medium courgettes diced
- 1/4 cup almond butter or 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 2 cups watercress chopped
- Himalayan salt and ground black pepper
- olive oil or chili oil to garnish
- Dice all the vegetables separately in your food processor.
- In a medium pot, heat the oil and add the onion and celery and cook for 5 minutes until translucent.
- Add the courgettes and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add the almond butter or cashews and the stock and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and cook until the courgettes are tender- around 5 minutes.
- Add watercress and cook for a further 3 minutes then turn off the heat.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer vegetables to your blender with about a cup of stock and blend until smooth.
- Pour vegetables back into the pot and combine with rest of stock.
- Drizzle with olive oil or chili oil if you like it hotter and add some salt and pepper to taste.
You can make an easy vegetable stock just by combining one organic stock cube with water.
Share this Recipe
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.