24 September In Healthy Soups by Vykintas Bartus Tags: carrots, coconut milk, ginger
Curried Carrot Soup
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cm piece of ginger peeled and minced
- 4 clove garlic minced
- zest and juice of one lime
- 2 tsps curry powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 3 cups carrots diced or grated
- 500 mls coconut milk
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 bunch chopped coriander
- Dice or grate carrots in your food processor. Mince the garlic. Peel and slice the ginger. Juice and zest the lime. Chop the coriander.
- Heat the oil in a medium pan and add the finger and garlic and lime zest and cook gently for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add curry powder and tumeric and cook for another minute.
- Add carrots, coocnut milk and water, bring to the boil and then reduce heat and simmer, covered for around 15 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and allow the flavours to mix for around half an hour.
- Put soup in blender and puree.
- Garnish with coriander and lime juice.
Share this Recipe
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.