24 September In Breakfast, Cakes, Cookies, Protein Bars and Snacks by Melanie Gulliver
Easy Peasy CARROT APPLE MUFFINS (VEGAN + GF)
- 1.5 flax eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup mashed very ripe banana
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (or honey if not vegan)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce or 1 sweet apple, finely grated
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp himalayan salt
- 1.5 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup plain almond milk, unsweetened
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 2/3 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp gluten free flour blend
- 1/4 cup raw walnuts (chopped) for topping
- Prepare flax eggs in a large mixing bowl. For every egg you need to replace use 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed and 2.5 tbsps. water. Mix together and allow to stand for 5 minutes to thicken.
- Preheat oven to 190°C/375°F.
- Prepare muffin tin with liners or lightly grease them
- Add mashed banana, maple syrup or honey, and coconut oil to the mixing bowl and whisk to combine
- Next add applesauce (if using), sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and whisk to combine.
- Add almond milk and stir.
- Add grated carrot and grated apple (if using) and stir.
- Add oats, almond meal, gluten free flour blend and stir.
- Divide evenly among 12 muffin tins, filling them all the way up to the top, and top with crushed walnuts (optional).
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until deep golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean. When you press on the top it shouldn’t feel too spongey, so don’t be afraid of over baking. The GF blend just takes longer to bake.
- Remove from oven and let set in the pan for 15 minutes. Then flip on their sides still in the pan to let cool completely.
- If you try to unwrap them too quickly, they have a tendency to stick to the wrappers
- Once cooled, store in a covered container or bag at room temp to keep fresh. Freeze after that to keep
If baking in a loaf pan or cake pan (8×8), bake for 45 minutes – 1 hour and check every 5 minutes thereafter for doneness.
Serving size: 1 muffin Calories: 203 Fat: 8.5g Saturated fat: 1g Carbohydrates: 30g Sugar: 14gSodium: 255mg Fibre: 3.5g Protein: 3.5g
Share this Recipe
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.