16 March In Smoothies, and other drinks by Susan Tomassini Tags: Energy, immunity, turmeric
This is a simple and quite delicious way to reap the many health benefits of turmeric on a daily basis. And just to remind you – here are some of the main characteristics of turmeric:
- Reduces Triglyceride levels
- Strengthens the immune system
- Cancer protective
- Improves cholesterol levels
- Stimulates digestion
- Regulates the metabolism and promotes weight loss
- Improves the memory and the brain function
- Has anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant, antiseptic, analgesic properties
- Detoxifies the liver.
To get the best results you need to mix turmeric with black pepper. This improves the bioavailability of turmeric by 1,000 times – due to a substance in black pepper, called piperine, which raises the body’s absorption of turmeric by 2000%!
Be healthy and clever – drink this once a day!
- 1/4 cup turmeric powder
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Place all ingredients in a small saucepan and mix them well. Place the saucepan over medium heat and stir the mixture frequently until you obtain a paste. Leave the paste to cool and then place it in a small jar. Refrigerate.
- Add all ingredients, apart from honey, in a saucepan. Heat them over medium heat, and stir constantly. Remove it before it boils and add honey to it.
Enjoy our tumeric tea recipe too.
Share this Recipe
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.