03 February In Cakes, Chocolate by Melanie Gulliver Tags: Energy, Stress
Raw Chocolate Truffle Cake
A very easy no-cook raw chocolate truffle cake to indulge in.
- 1/2 cup raw pecans (almonds or walnuts will also work)
- 1/2 cup medjool dates (about 18 dates), pitted
- 1/4 tsp himalayan salt
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews, soaked in water overnight or for at least 2 hours. Rinsed and drained.
- 1 whole vanilla bean (or 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract)
- 1/3 cup raw coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
Servings: 15cm cake
- Make the crust. Place the nuts, dates and salt in a food processor and pulse until you get a fine crust. Test the crust by spooning out a small amount and rolling it in your hands. If the crust mixture holds together, your crust is perfect. If you don’t feel it’s holding together, add another date or two, or try to mix the mixture with your hands until it comes together. Pour the crust mixture into a 15cm spring-form pan (if you don’t have a spring-form pan, use a cake pan lined with plastic wrap) and press firmly, making sure that the edges are well packed and that the base is relatively even throughout. Place in the fridge or freezer to firm up.
- If the coconut oil is solid, place the jar in a bowl of boiling water for a couple of minutes until it melts.
- Place all the filling ingredients in a blender and blend on high until very smooth (this may take a couple of minutes).
- Taste the mixture. If you feel the filling needs a little more sweetness, add a little more maple syrup, and blend.
- Pour the filling into the crust and smooth it out evenly with a spatula.
- Place the cake in the freezer until solid, about 4 hours.
- To serve, remove from the freezer 30 minutes prior to eating. Run a smooth, sharp knife under hot water and cut into slices. Serve when fully defrosted. You should get 8 slices.
- Serve on its own, or topped with raw chopped walnuts or pecans, or chocolate sauce and berries. Enjoy and store leftovers in the freezer!
A very easy no-cook raw chocolate truffle cake to indulge in. Also gluten free and vegan.
Share this Recipe
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.