24 September In Salads by Melanie Gulliver Tags: beets, detox, immune, lighten-up, oranges, rocket
Rocket Salad with Beets and Oranges
For The Salad Base
- 2 cups greens- preferably rocket
For The Dressing
- 1 small garlic clove
- Juice of half a lime
- 1/2 orange (from above)
- small handful coriander
- pinch himalayan salt
- 1 tbspn tahini
- 1/2 cup water
- 1-2 tbspns slivered almonds
- Add all the salad ingredients to a bowl and toss.
- Whizz all the dressing ingredients together in a blender until you get a smooth consistency. This will make about 1 cup of dressing that will keep for up to a week in the fridge.
- Add a tablespoon or more of the dressing to the salad and stir through. Top the salad with the almonds and serve.
Give an Asian twist to the dressing by adding a small piece of ginger, a little tamari soy sauce and some sesame oil.
Share this Recipe
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.