24 September In Healthy Soups by Susan Tomassini Tags: coconut milk, Energy, immune, pumpkin, Sleep, Stress
Spicy Pumpkin Soup
- 2 tspns coconut oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 cups pumpkin flesh
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1/4 tspn thyme
- 2 tbspns red curry paste
- 1/2 tspn nutmeg
- Himalayan salt and pepper
- 4 tbspns coriander chopped
- 4 tbspns pumpkin seeds
- Chop onion and coriander, and mince garlic.
- Combine coconut oil, garlic, onions and pumpkin together and simmer over a low heat for 5 minutes.
- add vegetable stock, coconut milk, bay leaf, thyme and curry paste. Cook for 10-15 minutes. Remove bay leaf and puree in a blender/processor.
- After pureeing return to heat and add nutmeg, salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with pumpkin seeds and coriander.
- Combine coconut oil, coconut milk, garlic, onion, bay leaf and spices together in a large bowl. Allow to infuse overnight in the fridge.
- Remove bay leaf and combine pumpkin with milk mixture in a blender or processor until creamy.
- Fold in the curry paste, top with the coriander and pumpkin seeds and a dash of nutmeg.
Share this Recipe
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.