19 December In Main Meals by Melanie Gulliver Tags: detox, immunity, lighten-up, Stress
Taste of Morocco – Butternut Squash and Chickpea Tajine
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained & washed
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled & cut into 4 cms chunks
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsps of finely chopped parsley
- 2 tbsps of finely chopped coriander and more for garnish
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp tomato paste
- 1 1/2 tsp of Himalayan salt
- 1 pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups of water
- Finely chop the coriander and parsley. Set Aside. Peel the squash and cut into 4 x 4 cm pieces.
- Finely chop the onion and garlic. Heat the oil in the pot and add the onion. Cook over a low heat until soft.
- Add the garlic and cook for about 20 seconds, then add the cumin, turmeric and cayenne pepper. Cook for 30 seconds, stirring continuously.
- Add the tomato paste, and half the coriander, parsley, salt and pepper. Stir.
- Add the tomatoes and the drained chickpeas. Stir and then add the pumpkin and the water, stir and then cover with the lid. Once simmering, turn the heat down to low and cook covered for 35 minutes.
- Just before serving, garnish tajiine with more coriander or parsley and serve with quinoa
Share this Recipe
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.