24 September In Salads by Melanie Gulliver Tags: detox, immune, lighten-up, quinoa, spinach, sprouts, tahini
Sprout and Quinoa Salad with Tahini Dressing
For the Salad
- 1 cup quinoa
- 11/2 cups water or vegetable stock
- 11/2 cups red cabbage shredded
- 2 cups sprouts lentil, mung, alfalfa, etc
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 2 carrots grated
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
For the Salad Dressing
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 tbspns olive oil
- juice of half a lemon
- 1/2 cup coriander chopped
- pinch himalayan salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tspns maple syrup optional
- Grate the carrots and shred the cabbage.
- In a pot combine quinoa and water or stock and bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes covered until liquid is absorbed. Allow to cool.
- Whisk all the salad ingredients together in a small bowl. If you want a sweeter dressing add some maple syrup to the dressing mix.
- In a large bowl combine the cooled quinoa, the sprouts and other salad ingredients. Toss the dressing through the salad.
Share this Recipe
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.